Saturday, October 4, 2008

They call me mellow yellow


Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!

Well I woke up eleven today. The sky is grey, and even though exams are coming up I really don't feel like studying. I feel really mellow, in a kind of grey, nostalgic wash of emotion. I thought I would share a little bit of my mood with you, so please enjoy the Mp3 above: "Half-Pain" from Witch Hunter Robin, which was my favourite anime in my second year of undergrad, along with Air.

I watched an episode of the J-Drama Iryu Team Medical Dragon that Mello and her boyfriend recommended. Japanese things are so emotional and melodramatic that it was all I could do to not hit "Next Episode" on Crunchyroll. I don't know why I started watching in the first place - I'm such a time-waster. That said, I think watching that TV show actually makes me less intelligent, simply by sheer force of how unrealistic it is. They throw around lots of medical terminology without any regard for realism (and sometimes, accuracy)... so I think it might actually be a bad influence. Nonetheless I will probably still watch the whole thing eventually - for the drama. I mean, it's not like Grey's Anatomy is exactly an accurate portrayal of medicine either.

My two anime picks for this year are now officially over: Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier. Both were excellent mecha anime of a quality higher than any Gundam that's come out in the last decade that kept me glued to my seat in heart-stopping anticipation. Ah, good times...

1 comment:

sandlot said...

Sigh.

Anime.

Allow me to prove how you are the exception to everything:

Anime is a dealbreaker in Tammy's books. Apparently, you watch Anime. I still love you.