Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hygiene first!

The first real test of my clinical exam skills is coming tomorrow - bright and painfully early in the morning at an unfamiliar hospital. I am a bundle of nerves. Under pressure, I tend to forget the golden rule (as if I were some old and habituated physician). So, to you aspiring doctors (myself included), remember as your brain frantically works to recall how to do what (under the unnerving stress of a 10 minute clock):

THOU SHALT WASH THY HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING THY PATIENT.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Maybe you shouldn't be "touching" your patient in the first place, Mr. Pervy McPervert!

a_ndy said...

If you say so, but be prepared to fail the Palpation part of your IPPA! XD

Tammy said...

Good luck!!! add oil... or maybe substitute with purrell this time around.

a_ndy said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I did not forget to wash my hands at all today - I don't think the sanitizer was Purell branded, but it's more or less the same stuff. Now if I can ga yau for another week...

Jerry said...

I don't even want to know what "ga yau" means...