Friday, June 12, 2009

Abnormal after all

Today, one of my friends from work was looking at the the 3D reconstruction of their head that the research assistant (who looks like Kirsten Dunst) had sent to them from their MRI scan. Since I know how to look at my own brain on the computer, I had never bothered to unzip the pictures that the research assistant had sent me. But since I didn't know how to do all these neat graphic reconstructions, I decided to finally look at my own batch of photos.

As I perused through facsimiles of my face and rainbow coloured 3D models of my brain, I noticed something unusual in the two or three unmodified slices that I'd been sent...

There was unusual hyperintense blob sitting in front of my brain in my frontal sinus! I quickly double-checked this on the axial and coronal slices. Slightly perturbed, I looked through a couple other brains and didn't see anything similar on any of them. The research assistant assured me that these scans are reviewed by a neurologist, and so I should be safe...

But I'll buy a free lunch for anyone who can identify the lesion!

5 comments:

Teddy said...

only a free lunch if we can potentially identify something that could save your life? even a neurologist consultation cost more than a lunch!

shirls said...

LOL at the above comment.

But WOW o_O!

Joyce said...

Whooooa! @-@;;;

Jerry said...

LOL have you asked anyone in your family?

If you really wanna know, see if they will biopsy it!

a_ndy said...

And make a hole in my head? No thanks...