Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Filming on location

I stopped over at my school's Science library to pick up a brainy book for work. On the way, I happened by a flurry of activity. A small area around Queen's Park had been cordoned off. There were lots of police and even some EMS, but there were also tents and lots of cameras. What in the world was going on? It looked far too organized to be an emergency situation.

Turns out they were filming for Flashpoint, which is a Canadian police drama that I used to see advertisements for while watching Heroes. I was actually pretty interested in watching it based on the commercials, but never got around to sitting down at the right time.

The police Mobile Command truck sure looked impressive. I wasn't sure if it was the real deal or just a prop. For that matter, I wasn't sure if the police were real police or just pretend (although they did seem to have some real police cars). Maybe I should have looked to see if the cars were specifically Toronto Metropolitan Police or some generic Canadian brand for TV?

Still, that was pretty neat.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Based on my religious attendance at the weekly viewings of Flashpoint, I can attest to the fact that they use Toronto Metropolitan Police cars in the show, or at least they look almost exactly the same as the Toronto police cars. The makers of the shows are always careful to blur out any indication of the city that the show takes place in.

Did you get a chance to see the main cast? The original Pink Ranger (Kimberly) is in Flashpoint so she'd be the person I'd want to meet :D

a_ndy said...

No, sorry, I didn't see any cast members. I just gawked from afar...

Actually I might have seen the cast (it's hard to tell, there were a lot of people in black who looked important standing around chatting), but there is no way for me to tell since I don't watch the show.