Sunday, June 21, 2009

Welcome to the Trauma Team


Trauma Center for the Nintendo Wii was one of the most entertaining gaming gimmicks I have ever bought into. It's also one of the only Wii games that I ever saw through from start to finish.

You take on the persona of Derek Stiles, an up and coming young surgeon, and for the first chapter of the game things seem downright medical - stitching up wounds, transplanting kidneys... (although that magical green elixir that you inject to keep people alive is rather fanciful). That is, until you hit chapter two and unlock your magical powers known as the "Healing Touch." The rest of the game involves "surgeries" where you frantically remove tumours (which look and act more like space aliens) called GUILT from patients bodies. So it's not realistic, but what fictional medical setting is? Grey's Anatomy? Don't make me laugh.

Well, from the makers of Trauma Center now comes Trauma Team. That's right, a good doctor doesn't handle things on his own - medicine is a team sport, right? And that team consists of voluptuous, busty young doctors in such real-life specialties as... Diagnosis and... Endoscopy. That's right, if only we could all do a five-year residency and come out only having to know how to do endoscopy...

Realism aside, I'm sure Trauma Team will be an awesomely killer game. However, based on how difficult the first one was (frantically operating in the dark, anyone?), I've more or less resigned myself never to attack another trauma game on the Wii again... regardless of how smoking hot the anime nurses are.

3 comments:

shirls said...

The hot anime nurse down right made me LOL when I clicked on the picture. I thought she would be more clothed...

Joyce said...

Oh man, I didn't get too far in Trauma Centre: New Blood. I kept killing people! ;0;

I honestly thought they talked too much in that game. I'm not one for cheesy dialogue. :(

a_ndy said...

I never played New Blood. After Second Opinion (the first one), I decided Trauma Center was too hard. Yes, I did pass the game, but boy was it stressful. Cheesy dialogue ftw, though!