Wednesday, July 1, 2009

As seen on TV

Thought it was only in Grey's Anatomy that residents have hot, steamy forbidden sex with their attendings? Feast your ears upon this true story told to me by a real doctor...

When Dr. X was in residency, one of their fellow residents of an unspecified specialty in an unspecified hospital had been sitting in the on-call room with one of the attending physicians, described as "one of the nicest attendings ever." In bursts the chief resident, who immediately levelled her gaze at the attending and exclaimed,

"Herpes? You gave me herpes?!"

Another listener to this story commented, "That's pretty funny. Well... not for her. After all, herpes is forever." It is? Apparently so. It hides in your nerve endings and can flare up at any time given, say, an immunocompromising event. Consider it a souvenir of your hot, steamy forbidden shenanigans.

4 comments:

Teddy said...

i'm more interested in WHERE this viral encounter occured... patient room? bathroom? the morgue?

Michael said...

I thought you underlined the "s" of herpes at first, which was LOLZ.

"HerpeS?! You gave me herpeS? WHAT KIND OF SLUT ARE YOU TO GET MORE THAN ONE?!?"

Jerry said...

herpes is forever?!?! maybe all attendings should get tested for it, because who knows how promiscuous they can be...

sandlot said...

Okay, so I've decided that I'm going to go into medicine. By the time I'm doing clerkship, you should be in residency. We can have a clerkship-resident tryst and can get it on in the call room. Awesome, yeah?

Or alternatively, you can just sneak me onto your hospital floor. I'm sure this plan would save me $$$ on mcat lessons and med school.