Thursday, August 13, 2009

They call it emotion


Several weeks ago (holy smokes, has it been that long already?), J-Rock and I made Rock (Band®) history with my double-duty (guitarist and vocalist) rendition of Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer. It was met with jealous harsh criticism by my friend Sandlot claimed it lacked emotion. She countered with her own would-be emotive BSB karaoke antics (subsequently removed) to show me how it's done.

Yesterday, Yee (previously referred to as "The Weird One" i.e. TWO) introduced me to the mainland YouTube sensation "Two Chinese Boys" (also known as the Back Dorm Boys). These embarrassingly disinhibited lip-syncing fiends put even Sandlot's emotive antics to shame. Does it make you uncomfortable to watch such a terrifyingly convincing emulation of femininity coming from a male? Yes, that's emotion alright.

1 comment: