Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If only Keirsey was a fine woman...

60Nd [en-dy]

...and not a big tool.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take a Keirsey Temperament Sorter, a variety of personality typing quiz. Now maybe this was the sleep deprivation talking, but I was actually rather moved by the results. It really felt like this thing managed to describe me bang on and slot me neatly into its four temperaments and sixteen types of personalities (or maybe, it describes the way I'd like to perceive myself - i.e. positively like a fortune cookie). Somewhere out there, somebody understands me. Sadly, that somebody is a heartless number-crunching robot providing my statistically probable personality breakdown.

But, unlike the vague "a big change is coming your way" horoscope predictions, the Keirsey Temperament Sorter managed to produce a rather specific and inspired description of some of my personality quirks. So, to those would-be Andy-stalkers looking for insight, read on!

Your temperament is the Guardian (SJ). [...] Your particular personality type, the Protector (ISFJ), makes up just about 12-13% of the total population, which is a good thing as Protectors often are the hard-working "unsung heroes" who get the background jobs done that keep things working on an even keel.

I come from the Net. Through systems, cities, and people to this place: Mainframe. My format: Guardian. Apparently, I share my personality type with Mother Teresa and George Bush, Sr..

Their grounded approach to life can make Guardians loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders. [...] Guardians typically value the camaraderie and security inherent in belonging to groups. As law-abiding individuals who place trust in authority, Guardians will often go out of their way to seek out justice.

See that? Stabilizing leaders. I'm going to cite this thing when I take over the world. I know, world domination seems like a rather lofty goal for someone that is described as law-abiding... but needless to say, I will continue to live by the rules, even when I'm the one making them. /heh

In your own life, you may find that you can deal with others' disabilities or neediness better than almost anyone else around you. Although you are very caring, you're not typically one to be outgoing and talkative. As a result, your shyness is sometimes misjudged as stiffness or even as being cold. This perception couldn't be farther from the truth. Protectors like you are warm-hearted and sympathetic. In fact, you're one who'll happily give of yourself if you encounter someone in need.

That's because I apparently have 86% empathy... Tuxedo.

Protectors almost always prefer to rely on time-honored products and procedures [...] Tradition is important to you, whether in your work life, your family life, or in your vision of society at-large. Your type often finds a kind of stability in the social rankings conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials.

God Save the Queen.

For a romantic partner, you may look for people who are somewhat different from you. As a result, types who are self-possessed and less sensitive than you are can be very attractive to you. [...You] usually like to dress up for a formal event and enjoy traditions, particularly traditions that have been created together as a couple, such as 'our song.'

Secretly, I do enjoy dressing up for formal events. Don't tell anyone.

Okay, that's enough looking into my soul for now.

5 comments:

Catalogue of Queens said...

I got the Idealist. Kierkegeaard and Plato are too, so it says. Now, I feel extra special. Wee.

Joyce said...

i am apparently of the "rational" type. Makes me sound like more of a scientist than an artist, though. >:

Well, imma start using this to justify my anti-social nature. 8D;;;

Kaiba said...

ISTJ here. I like the ReBoot reference btw. Did you watch the show? If so, this might be of some interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscrv7OJ3TU&feature=player_embedded

sandlot said...

This was a pretty forward post. I think after reading this one I knew that you probably liked me. Hehe.

I should admit that when I first read this post, my heart skipped a beat. Even when I read it now, my heart still skips a beat.

a_ndy said...

You remember how I told you that on the night I confessed that I liked you I had decided that it was time to "put up or shut up"? I had basically dropped so many hints that if I didn't make good on it soon then I'd come off as all talk and lose my real chance at the most amazing girl of all time. I wrote this entry three days earlier.