Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat

Well, it's finally Halloween, but things feel a little bit more Trick than they are Treat. Out there on this Halloween evening, a very frustrated lady is trying to navigate a group project with a linguistically, technologically, and otherwise generally impaired elderly grad student. Meanwhile, studying for my PBD exam on Monday has me tired, frustrated, and zombified (instead of out there with the slutty witches, police officers, and nurses)... or is PBD the zombie that's devouring me? Dun dun dun...

I'd rather have people jumping around corners at me in bad costumes...

Halloween's not all bad this year, though. It's inspired a lot of artistically rich content all over the blog-o-sphere and beyond:

Check out art.poopage for Ruru's incredible Jack-O-Lantern, created during a pumpkin carving contest at Kushima's favourite place - Grad House. To check out the whole design process...


Or visit nulla dies sin linea for a glimpse of bara-chan's meticulously iced Halloween cookies. One of the most talented creators of Ragnarok Online fan art, she's clearly as comfortable with the icing sugar as she is with a drawing tablet. To see the full cookie set...


Then, of course, there is this amazing find shared with my by Kate. Check out "Towering Transformers" to see the product of a family who spent 6 months creating life-sized replicas of Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime from the Michael Bay movie.


Here's wishing everyone a safe and Happy Halloween. Don't let school bite you in the ass!

4 comments:

Riona55 said...

whoa! I'm online! and commenting!

No, my computer is not fixed, sadly.

brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

of course i will share cupcake place w/ u. BUT on the condition u do not buy other girls cupcakes @ not me,that wud make me jealous.

the girl commented above you and said she enjoyed the cupcakes lol. sigh i didn't think she would read it.

-thick toast with kevin and shirley soon.

a_ndy said...

Pfft... what good is an awesome cupcake if I can only share it with guys?

P.S. I think it was pretty much given that she had to comment since you put so many giant pictures of the cupcakes up, and you pretty much called her out on your "being disappointed."

Joyce said...

Awww a plug! 8D