Saturday, November 28, 2009

A procrastinator's anthem


To the tune of Jason Derulo's Whatcha Say:

Pro- pro- pro- pro- procrastinate! (N-N-N-N N D)
Mmm whatcha play
Mmm do you always slack off?
Well of course you do
Mmm whatcha play
Mmm so it's all for the blog?
Of course it is

My study plan was a sham
Only tryna watch drama (drama)
Yeah, I could not miss on IRIS
When I oughta learn lymphoma
So, no I know I should've studied it harder
Cause passing marks are not something to barter

So sit me down (sit me down), turn off the comp (turn off the comp)
And make me memorize
Cause when the Skype rang in and the phone picked up
I was happy to talk to you
But when I put down the line, I need to study this time
Or this exam I'm going to rue (to rue)
Over to you

Mmm feelin' grey
Mmm thinkin' H1N1?
Well of course you do
Mmm feelin' grey (feelin' grey, feelin' grey)
Mmm running' for Tylenol?
Of course you are
Mmm feelin' grey
Mmm thinkin' H1N1?
Well of course you do
Mmm feelin' grey (feelin' grey, feelin' grey)
Pro- pro- pro- pro- procrastinate!

Oh why, your essay in the way
When you got a presentation (-tation)
And ooh, you need tea, you need sleep
But you only got frustration
You know the libs are going to close soon
But you and I can chat under the cold moon

So settle down (settle down), turn off the tweets (turn off the tweets)
And write your fifteen pages
Sure when the bulls run in, I might get gored out
But I'm happy to lift for you
And when my lyrics are cheese, well I hope they still please
Even though they're awkward too
Over to you

Mmm waste a day
Mmm at a Star Wars concert?
Well of course you do
Mmm waste a day (waste a day, waste a day)
Mmm it's a big geek party
Of course it is
Mmm waste a day
Mmm at a Star Wars concert?
Well of course you do
Mmm waste a day (waste a day, waste a day)
Pro- pro- pro- pro- procrastinate!

Girl, I don't want to study (study)
I don't want you to tease me
Though you caught me tweetin'
I don't, I don't want to study (study)
Read about metastases
Testing for p53's, girl
Girl, I don't want to study (study)
And I'm not a dictionary
Medical vocabulary
I don't, I don't want to study (study)
I really need to learn it right
How to read that MRI, girl

Cause when the Skype rang in and the phone picked up
I was happy to talk to you
But when I put down the line, I need to study this time
Or this exam I'm going to rue
So Sandlot whatcha play!

Mmm whatcha play
Mmm do you always slack off?
Well of course you do
Mmm whatcha play (whatcha play, whatcha play)
Mmm so it's all for the blog?
Of course it is
Mmm whatcha play
Mmm do you always slack off?
Well of course you do
Mmm whatcha play (whatcha play, whatcha play)
Pro- pro- pro- pro- procrastinate!

The work presented here has profound implications for future studies of procrastination and may one day cast light on the phenomenon of Andy being awesome.

2 comments:

sandlot said...

"And when my lyrics are cheese, well I hope they still please
Even though they're awkward too"


best. line. ever.

we need tpain to record this.. it's a certified hit.

Riona55 said...

whoa, this song is SO CATCHY!!

and double whoa, i think this is my first time ever clicking on a link. i'm quite proud, lol!