Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cabin fever blues


I just want to go home home.

If I could read Sandlot's mind, this is what I think she'd say:

(to the tune of Michael Buble's Home)

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
In London, T.O.
But I wanna go home

May be surrounded by
Undergrad students, I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know (I know)

And I've been keeping all the abstracts that you wrote to me
Filled in the blanks with glee
"Yes, our results agree"
Well I would publish them but I don't know where I should go
Nature would be a start
While we research exploding hearts

Another transcription
Research with ambition
I'm lucky, I know
But I wanna go home
I've got to go home

Let me go home
I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I don't want to facilitate a lecture hour
Or even leave the shower
The world alone seems so dour
And I know that we are only just a text apart
With me on the phone you'd stay
But your arms are so far away

Another lecture day
Has come and gone away
In even London, T.O.
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I'm surrounded by
Undergrad students, I
Still feel alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home
A year left to run
I wish I were done
I gotta go home
Let me go home
It will all be all right
I'll be home fortnight
I'm coming back home

I'll be waiting with a Coffee Crisp in hand.

3 comments:

Teddy said...

one of my fav songs and artists

a_ndy said...

Yeah, I remembered that you really liked Michael Buble - too bad most of us don't know many of his songs, since I know you're often itching to sing them at K. We can do this one next time though, since I've been listening to it nonstop since I posted this.

sandlot said...

one of my fav songwriters. ;)