Sunday, January 24, 2010

Confessions of an emo child


I hate being overly personal and gratuitously vulnerable on my blog, but this song just got itself stuck in my fuzzy head on this inexplicably brooding day. I had to write it.

To the tune of Usher's Confessions Part II:

Everytime I was in T.O., I was planning to study
Everytime we talked I told you,
"Baby, you're lovely" (So!)
And when you were stressed out (Oh!)
Stopped and gave you a shout
I just want to see you, hold you, and be there like clay
Not spendin' a day without you
So far (I know)
My heart (Just listen)
Thinkin' I got time and left my books on the shelf
Thinkin' you and me
Bein' a shoulder to cry on
And I'm tryin' to show that I'm a good man
A man that always makes you smile and never brings the mood down
Brace yourself
It ain't good
But it would be even worse if you thought I was somebody else

I know it's weaksauce
But at least it rhymes
'Cause there's more

Listen...

Watch this

[chorus]
These are my confessions
Just when I thought I had stresses at bay
I woke up this morning to a damned emo day
These are my confessions
Man I'm cheesed and my head is in a fog
I guess I gotta write a blog on my confessions
If I'm gonna drop my guard then I guess you oughta know
That sometimes I just need someone to hold
I'm so cheesed and my head is in a fog
So I'm writin' a blog on my confessions

My school life's in a mess with CREMS, DOCH, and FMLE
Getting pimped in peds for ASCM makes it hard for me to see
All that stuff from FMP I told y'all I was puttin' off
(Puttin' off)
Now there's seven weeks worth, imma choke and cough
The first thing that came to mind was, "Sh*t"
Second thing was what's the license of that truck my head just hit?
Third thing was me wishin' that I had read ahead like I said
How I ain't ready for no test and bye bye to the weekend ahead

[chorus]
These are my confessions
Just when I thought I had stresses at bay
I woke up this morning to a damned emo day
These are my confessions
Man I'm cheesed and my head is in a fog
I guess I gotta write a blog on my confessions
If I'm gonna drop my guard then I guess you oughta know
That sometimes I just need someone to hold
I'm so cheesed and my head is in a fog
So I'm writin' a blog on my confessions

See when I talk to you I'm tryna figure out
Why the name Michael Ignatieff makes me wanna pout
Said I ain't speak no Singlish
But I need to stop thinkin', bein' nervous
Take a joke and just get over it (over it)
I'm riding Toyota
Racin' to the Hill
Talkin' to myself
Preparin' to bunt his dog or face
He opened up the door and had his bodyguard tase me
I said why? Iggy?
He ain't sexy

[chorus]
These are my confessions
Just when I thought I had stresses at bay
I woke up this morning to a damned emo day
These are my confessions
Man I'm cheesed and my head is in a fog
I guess I gotta write a blog on my confessions
If I'm gonna drop my guard then I guess you oughta know
That sometimes I just need someone to hold
I'm so cheesed and my head is in a fog
So I'm writin' a blog on my confessions

This is by far the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do
To tell you, the blogosphere
That some days I attention whore and could really use some love
I hope that you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this
And hopefully you won't think less of me
This ain't about school
This ain't about rhymes
It's who I am
Please

These are my confessions (confessions)

And why, yes, I do bear an awful resemblance to Usher when shirtless. /jks

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Stop being emo and get to work. 8D

GANBATTE~