Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gah! The Pressure! (A Guest Blog)

Hello Readers of Chronicle!

This is Sandlot speaking, erm.. blogging.

Seeing as how Andy is presently out of commission due to an upcoming mother of an exam, I graciously offered to temporarily take over the reigns of Chronicle in order to fill the void for his avid readers. Plus, there is a heaping amount of scientific evidence suggesting that if Chronicle isn't updated on an almost regular basis, then the world will most likely implode on itself or be overtaken by man-eating mutant dinosaurs. Either way, it's bad news bears if Chronicle isn't updated. So that's why I'm here.

Yeah I know, I'm an effin' hero.

Anyway, initially I was pretty excited when Andy finally gave into my persuasion and granted me the greenlight to deface write on his blog. Although I've spent years hammering out posts on my own blog, this would be my first time guest blogging.

At first, I began racking my brain for some quality blog ideas. Something that would not only live up to the expectations of Andy and his readers, but more importantly, generate enough comments to ensure another future invitation to guest blog on Chronicle.

And then I got nervous.

What if no one likes my post? What if it sucks and no one comments? What if Andy hates what I've written?!

On top of it all, I still didn't know what the hell to write about! Despite having all the material in the world to write about, I couldn't come up with one single thing.

Zilch. Zero. Nada.

It became so bad that by the time the afternoon rolled around, the idea of throwing something together and adding in a few Andy-Approved words like "shennanigans" or "holy frick!" or "awesome" seemed mighty tempting.

Then while I was waiting for my dinner to finish microwaving, it hit me! I would guest blog about how I couldn't think of anything to guest blog about. Awesome idea, right?

So there you have it. My first guest blog and Andy's first guest blogger. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (that's what she said).

Oh, and I'm going to tag myself in this post. Just because I can.

6 comments:

a_ndy said...

That wasn't quite what I thought it would be - not to mention the shameless plug to your own blog (I really don't have that many readers to steal).

Still, at least I got to see (half) of your pretty face. I hope I don't get called out by the mush patrol for that.

Riona55 said...

yay! thanks for giving me material to procrastinate on, Sandlot. lol!

brutalturtle.blogspot.com said...

^second time buddy, lay off the mushy stuff.

I have read this post.


-mush police

Jerry said...

One of the best posts yet! with even a "that's what she said" put in there. I also saw an "awesome" and "holy frick" somewhere too!

Too bad Andy didn't write it. jks!

Now the only thing that could make it better would be a J-Rock tag...

sandlot said...

@ Andy: It's not stealing readers.. it's more like sharing. =P

@ Riona55: haha i'm always glad to be a source of procrastination

@ Brutal: The only mush that's bad is the mush that's produced from melting snow in February.

@ Jerry: Hahah. Thanks! Next time i guest blog (hint hint andy), i'll add in a J-Rock tag. =P

Teddy said...

i only read the first couple of paragraphs since i only have 40mins till exam, but already i think it's better than andy's blog LOL