Saturday, December 3, 2011

Risk: The Game of Domination

Yesterday, I went to Toys'R'Us with my Mom whose new preoccupation is shopping for her grandchildren. While there, I saw an updated copy of Risk - the greatest board game ever - for $17! My copy of Risk is hopelessly out of date and permanently on loan from my next door neighbour circa 1998, and I've been waiting years for this sucker to drop under $40. Needless to say, I picked it up.

My Mom lined up at the cashier while I ducked away to take a look at video games. When I got back, she had thoroughly examined the box, which reads: "Risk: The Game of Global Domination."

Mom: Is this a dominance game?

Andy: Dominance game?

[ Lady in front of us in line turns to look at us ]

Andy: What does that mean...?

Mom: Well it says domination...

Please, Ma. These are not topics to be discussed with parents... or in public. Sure puts a new spin on "bring your foes to their knees", though.

1 comment:

sandlot said...

THIS GAME IS SO FUN. I can't believe I've never played it before.