Monday, April 30, 2012

California Rolls (ft.Soosh Dogg)


So, you may not know this, but my lovely girlfriend Sandlot has an unhealthy obsession with sushi. Yes, the fear of brain parasites, lead poisoning, or viral gastroenteritis are not nearly enough to dissuade her from this gastronomical pursuit. In fact last night she was raving about, dreaming of, and salivating over the Volcano Sushi we ate this weekend at Arisu in Koreatown - and that was after we had already had sushi for lunch.

As you can see, over the years, I too have been sucked into this raw fish eating craze. While I do try to take a risk reduction strategy of eating sushi sparingly to decrease my lifetime chance of parasites, you gotta pick your battles.

Digging into a stack of avocado-packed maki on Saturday, Sandlot declared: "I love California Rolls."

Just like Far East Movement streamed through my brain every time I was up on the Gynaecology ward on D6, I could instantly hear the music. It went a little like this...


[Soosh Dogg]
Greetings loved ones
Itadakimasu

[Katy Sushi]
I know a place
Where the food is really fresher
Warm miso soup
And a tantalizing salad
Sippin' on Sapporo
Chilling outside on the patio
The line
Out the door
Try'na order up some sushi
(like us)

You could travel the world
But nowhere makes grub
Like the Rising Sun
Once you dining with us
You'll be falling in love
Oh, oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

California rolls
They're so delectable
Fake crab meat
Tobiko on top
Wasabi
So hot
Will make your nose run
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

California rolls
They're irresistible
Fine, fresh fruit
We got it on rice
East coast represent
Now put your chopsticks up
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

Fish on a plate
We got soy sauce in our bowls
We eat
And we eat
Until our belt line's gonna blow

You could travel the world
But nowhere makes grub
Like the Rising Sun
Once you dining with us
You'll be falling in love
Oh, oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

California rolls
They're so delectable
Fake crab meat
Tobiko on top
Wasabi
So hot
Will make your nose run
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

California rolls
They're irresistible
Fine, fresh fruit
We got it on rice
East coast represent
Now put your chopsticks up
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

[Soosh Dogg]
Fresh fish
Cut and ready
Eat it up cause I'm gettin' heavy
Wild wild salmon
These are the fish I love the most

I love the rolls
I love like all the roe
Eat it
Chew it
Stuff your hole

Sashimi freak
I don't eat cheap
Never had shark meat
That's okay
Another day
I love new fish
Just like I love saké
Spicy Tuna
And salmon too
Sushi time is coming through

Come on boys
Hanging out
With your tummy
Bulging out
Fresh maki, and sushi, sashimi
No congee
Just the fish and wasabi

Sushi, my entree (yeah)
You tasting good, baby (uh huh)
I'm all up on you
Cause you representing California (oh yeah)

[Katy Sushi]
California rolls
They're so delectable
Fake crab meat
Tobiko on top
Wasabi
So hot
Will make your nose run
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

California rolls
They're irresistible
Fine, fresh fruit
We got it on rice
East coast represent
Now put your chopsticks up
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh, oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

[Soosh Dogg]
(California, California)
California rolls, man
(California)
I really wish
All food could be
California rolls
(California, yeah)

In real life, I actually do not like saké...

6 comments:

sandlot said...

This is so brilliant! You really have a talent for writing witty lyrics to already existing songs.

Bali Hotels said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amybolsas5 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anymous said...

That's so cool!!!

Check this out:
My blog
My blog

PZ said...

This is pretty funny. :). Really creative. Now, whenever I get sushi I'll probably be thinking of this

a_ndy said...

Comments like this always warm my heart. Thanks PZ!